Monday, May 31, 2010

Happiness

Yes Lauren I am Happy. I have been much happier this month and the only reasons Erika and I can attribute it to is that I got laid off from Staples so I do not have to deal with that headache every day. They are not doing real well, especially the store at which I was working. I even heard talks of closing it down but that is enough of that. Today is Memorial day and Erika has it off of school. We have had a really great weekend. Erika and I actually got to see the play we tried to go to last week. It was super fun (not a musical) rendition of the Three Musketeers. We also were able to eat at the restaraunt that we tried and failed last week. It was good and a very nice atmosphere, but the food took a half hour to come. That almost made us late for the play.

Saturday Erika got off earlier from work so we made some homemade pizzas with whole wheat crust and watched planet 51. I also got to play a full-field soccer game with Ben. That was fun. I had a break away, but failed to finish. I felt really old and tired.

Sunday I made dinner (another of my goals) and we were able to enjoy it all by ourselves. Pot roast with carrots, onions, and potatoes. Broccoli, and made from scratch whole wheat rolls. Yum, Yum, Yum.

Today we slept in and are going to go play outside. Either at the park or go for a hike. I can work on my tan while Erika works on her burn. She has already mentioned how dark I am getting. We have dinner plans at a church friend's at 5 but the rest of the day is wide open.

Anyway - its time to go.

P.S. if anyone knows of a job around the Provo area, I sure could use it.

7 comments:

erikab said...

Babe, it's not a burn. It's a freckle tan. Get it right.

Lauren said...

Have you tried going to the career center at BYU? I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a student for them to help you.

Miss Taylor said...

Enjoy your Sunday dinner all by yourselves? Don't you miss me?? ;) Btw, I got a condo for this fall with a washer and dryer so I don't have to use y'all for laundry anymore!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're happy and making the most of where you are right now--literally and figuratively. Love you!

gobyucougars said...

Hey! I have a freckle tan, too... must be where Erika gets it from! I like the dinner you made - it's one of my absolute favorites. (BTW, you're supposed to remember that for the next time I'm there for Sunday dinner! ;-)

Miss Taylor said...

Dear Clayton, please have Erika check your new profile for grammar errors ;)

Never Enough Orange said...

dear Taylor.
NO.

Love you BIL