Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Way too long

So it has been a while since I have blogged, but I get on here and never know what to write. Erika recently pressed me to set more goals for myself and one of them was to blog and write in my journal more often. At least once a week, usually on Sundays. That is our day together so we are going to do it together (she write in hers, I write in mine. not write one together, mom.) so that we can get it done. I also want to spend more time writing a book. I think I could do well with that. I have seen a few people I know publish some books so how hard could it be?

Goal #2 is to learn a skill; I want to learn to cook better. Erika blogged about our meal last night that she was kind enough to attribute to me, though she was the boss, I just followed instruction. It happened to turn out well. So tonight I made dinner for Erika. I'm not sure what it was, but it turned out fairly decent as well. I cut some potatoes with our mandolin slicer and fried them with some diced peppers. I cooked some sausage and added spices, since I like thing spicy. I did leave out the cayenne. Topped with shredded cheese. I enjoyed it. so that is the goal. We have enough leftovers to get us through the rest of the week but I am in charge of Sunday's dinner and Erika is going to invite one of her old roommates and her guy friend. Scary. My hardest part is coming up with side dishes. I think I am going to go easy and make a pot roast with broccoli and rolls. Erika is going to help me make them from scratch. OH! I helped Erika make some peanut butter cookies from scratch. I don't think I have ever done that.

Goal #3 is to do more workout activities. I tried running with Erika today, but my knee was just sore so I think swimming will have to suffice till my legs are not so sore. We did go swim yesterday at the BYU pool. That means I have to keep clean shaven. I even talked about doing something like yoga with Erika. 4 times a week is my goal. I am going to count today and yesterday. (I did play ultimate frisbee for about an hour and a half too.

3 comments:

erikab said...

I like your goals. And you're a good cook because you like food so much that you want to know what's in it. Also, we should definitely do yoga together. I've been wanting to get into that for a while. We could be less stresses out. Ah... I can just feel my stress leaving my body already...

Unknown said...

First paragraph--yeah, I got that. And I'm glad to hear it.

Second paragraph--you remind me a lot of your dad just throwing things together and having it turn out right. I can't do that. Have to have a recipe. Peanut butter cookies are disgusting--that's why you've never made them. They remind me of the cookies they always served at school--I can't even stand the smell.

Third paragraph--yoga is awesome. You really should try it. Remember John Wells? He had lots of knee problems, too. He could bike and run, but not play basketball or tennis because of all the twisting. Maybe you should think about that.

Love you both. Even if I am so big and scary. :-)

Lauren said...

I have a hard time with side dishes too, mostly because I get bored with the same things over and over again. I want that squash casserole recipe. Actually, there are a lot of things that you mention that you and/or Erika cook that I would like to try out. You guys ought to get on top of that cookbook! :)

I love yoga too. It's easy enough for someone as out of shape as I am. And very relaxing. Except for things like The Hundred. But most of it rocks.

You sound happy. :)