Tuesday, July 13, 2010

good weekend

Erika and I had a very enjoyable weekend. It is a whole lot better since she does not work ALL day on Saturday. So to recap... Thursday night we had a 3 day backpacking adventure with the deacons. I was only going to be able to go for the first night, but I was excited. Good preparation for our 5 day-30 mile trip. (or so I thought) anyway, we took off to the top of the "Y" with 4 boys and 3 leaders, myself included. Our Scout master showed us how to appropriately pack for weight and stability. I think the boys learned after the first day. we went about a mile past the top of the "Y" to a nice little meadow. It was dark when we arrived (and the other leaders were quite a bit behind) but we pitched our tents and had a little something to eat. During the night we had some visitors (deer and rodents) and found some food eaten. I took pictures, but forgot to bring them to put on here. I took off for home in the morning while the rest went on their way.

Friday afternoon, Erika and I headed to Idaho for a reception for a friend of Erika's. According to the new bride, seeing Erika made her day. We went off trying to find a place to camp for the night, it was getting dark so we tried to find a place in Idaho Falls, but after driving around and striking out we went to our original destination in Pocatello. A KOA not far from some friends of my family. We got there after dark and camped. Good thing I know what I'm doing. I was tired so I was able to sleep in longer by pulling the sleeping bag over my head. When we left, we decided to be good and pay for our campsite but I was astonished by the price. $30! just for a small patch of grass.

We went shopping since it was still early and got Erika's dress for her Brother's wedding. She also got a few workout clothes. We each found some shoes as well, me some for hiking and her some for her new job.

We went and saw our future sister-in-law and our family friends and then headed home. We were both tired. I think I fell asleep around 10 with the light on while Erika was doing homework.

Sunday, we got to enjoy the day together and we went to church, even though the World Cup Final was going on. We played Monopoly till bed time.

2 comments:

Miss Taylor said...

1. Does Erika not have enough work-out clothes?
2. I am very proud of you for going to church.
3. Monopoly until bedtime? Was it that fascinating?
4. Thanks for telling us about your weekend! ;)

erikab said...

1. You can NEVER have enough work out clothes. If you just look nasty then there's motivation to work out gone down the drain.
3. Well, we've been working on it for a couple days now...Clayton's about to win though. :-(
4. You're welcome.