Monday, July 19, 2010

update..with pictures

Erika and I again went camping over the weekend. We went to the same place we had as scouts the week before. It was a bit hotter and my pack was heavier so I struggled a bit. It took us about 2 and a half hours to go 2 and a half hours and about 2000 feet in elevation. We ate our packed dinner once we got there and set up the tent. we went to bed pretty early with such a exhausting hike. we awoke pretty early, its easy to do when the sun comes up at 6, and I got started on breakfast. we tried something new. I brought some charcoal (I thought it was instant light, but it was not the case) I had to start a fire to get the charcoal going and we made tried making some pancakes but they didn't turn out too great. The hot chocolate was good though.
This is me repacking in the morning.
Erika having fun with the camera from inside the tent
We finally have a picture in our empty frame from our wedding.
On the hike home by Turtle rock.
Overlooking Utah valley.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun. Though I do prefer a camper--if a Holiday Inn isn't available. ;-)

Miss Taylor said...

Oooooh. Aaahhhhh. Nice pics :)

6L's said...

gorgeous pics! sounds like y'all are doing what our ward group just did on the appalacian trail. they did a 50 miler in 5 days...lots of prep! hope you have as much fun as they did!
laura richards :)

Lauren said...

Yay for pictures!