Friday, June 11, 2010

make-over

As you all know, well hopefully, Erika is big on making goals and to-do list and the such. She has been making me set forth some goals to better myself and I guess it is rubbing off because at the beginning of the week, I made my own goal. I was going to drive less. No more quick trips to school in the morning, no more driving down to the park to play. That means walking back up to the house.

I bought a new bag, and gave the old one to Erika so that when we go on hikes we can both have a hydration pack. I really like this one because it can hold all my stuff (yes, I carry a purse) plus I can put my cleats into one of the compartments. That was a key selling point so it made my goal much more obtainable. I have lost count of the times I have walked back and forth to school and the park but I have done very well. Erika has been supportive in my efforts, walking home after work and such. I can say I am wore out from it though. I walked to church the other day for a service project. I did drive my deacons to a campout. that is another story all together. The reasons for doing this are 1) to get in better shape. I am planning to go on a 30 mile, 5 day trip with my young men through the Sawtooth mountains in Idaho. I figure that if I am walking everywhere then I will be used to all the walking. 2) to save money on gas. All these little trips add up and I am hoping to save the money we don't really have as best I can. 3) to be more green.

that is all.

2 comments:

erikab said...

I just think you're the best husband. I like walking everywhere. It's fun. Also can we please go home now? I'm tired.

Miss Taylor said...

Hooray for being cheap and green! :)